Information For Authors
SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
In order to submit an article for the journals of Damar Cerrahisi Dergisi, you click “Online Article Processing” link in www.uvcd.org/dergi address (Only internet submitting will be considered). You also may follow up all the procedures related with your articles from this web site.
Damar Cerrahisi Dergisi as the official journal of National Vascular and Endovascular Surgery , aims to publish retrospective, prospective clinical studies experimental researchs, reviews, case reports, editorial comment/discussions, letters to the editor, medical education, scientific letters, surgical techniques, distinctive diagnosis, original images, diagnostic evaluations, medical book reviews, questions-answers and recent issues with topics of arterail, venous and lymphatic disorders and their treatments.
The Journal commits to rigorous peer review, and stipulates freedom from commercial influence and promotion of the highest ethical and scientific standards in published articles.
Neither the Editor(s) nor the publisher guarantees, warrants or endorses any product or service advertised in this publication.
Articles are accepted for publication on the condition that they are original, are not under consideration by another journal, or have not been previously published. Direct quotations, tables, or illustrations that have appeared in copyrighted material must be accompanied by written permission for their use from the copyright owner and authors.
All articles are subject to review by the editors and referees. Acceptance is based on significance, and originality of the material submitted. If the article is accepted for publication, it may be subject to editorial revisions to aid clarity and understanding without changing the data presented.
The writers' names and placement that are indicated in the copyright transfer form will be considered after the process of the manuscript is started. After this stage;
- A writer name cannot be added to the manuscript in any time except the writers who signed the copyright transfer form, and the order of the writers' names cannot be changed.
- A written and annotated permission is needed from all the writers who are involved and the publishing house must be informed before removing any of the writers' name from the manuscript.
All authors should have contributed to the article directly either academically or scientifically. All persons designated as authors should meet all of the following criterias:
- Planned or performed the study,
- Wrote the paper or reviewed the versions,
- Approved the final version.
- It is the authors’ responsibility to prepare a manuscript that meets scientific criterias.
- The Journal adheres to the principles set forth in the Helsinki Declaration (http://www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/b3/ index.html) and holds that all reported research involving “Human beings” conducted in accordance with such principles. Reports describing data obtained from research conducted in humanparticipants must contain a statement in the MATERIAL AND METHODS section indicating approval by the institutional ethical review board and affirmation that INFORMED CONSENT was obtained from each participant.
- All papers reporting experiments using animals must include a statement in the MATERIAL AND METHODS section giving assurance that all animals have received humane care in compliance with the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (www.nap.edu/catalog/5140.html) and indicating approval by the institutional ethical review board.
- Case reports should be accompanied by INFORMED CONSENT whether the identity of the patient is disclosed or not.
- If the proposed publication concerns any commercial product, the author must include in the cover letter a statement indicating that the author(s) has (have) no financial or other interest in the product or explaining the nature of any relation (including consultancies) between the author(s) and the manufacturer or distributor of the product.
- If “Ethics Commitee Approval” must be obtained for an article, document obtained from ethics commitee should be sent to “Online Article Processing” link on www.uvcd.org/dergi
- It is the authors’ responsibility to prepare a manuscript that meets ethical criteria.
- During the evaluation of the manuscript, the research data and/or ethics committee approval form can be requested from the authors if it’s required by the editorial board.
All retrospective, prospective and experimental research articles must be evaluated in terms of biostatics and it must be stated together with appropriate plan, analysis and report. p values must be given clearly in the manuscripts (e.g. p= 0.025; p= 0.524).
Research articles must be evaluated by a biostatistician prior to submission and the name of the biostatistician should be placed among the authors’ names.
The manuscripts in process are reviewed by the biostatistic editor when required.
Additional information in order to control the biostatistical convenience of the papers that are submitted to biomedical journals can be obtained from the web page www.icmje.org.
- It is the authors’ responsibility to prepare a manuscript that meets biostatistical rules.
The official languages of the Journals are Turkish and English.
Manuscripts and abstracts in English must be checked for language by an expert and this should be mentioned particularly in the cover letter. The expert responsible for English Language editing should be listed in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS if he/she is not in the author list.
All spelling and grammar mistakes in the submitted articles, are corrected by our redaction commitee without changing the data presented.
- It is the authors’ responsibility to prepare a manuscript that meets spelling and grammar rules.
In accordance with the Copyright Act of 1976, the publisher owns the copyright of all published articles. Statements and opinions expressed in the published material herein are those of the author(s). Manuscript writers are not paid by any means for their manuscripts.
All manuscripts submitted must be accompanied by the “Copyright Transfer and Author Declaration Statement form” that is available in www.uvcd.org/dergi
CATEGORIES OF ARTICLES
The Journal publishes the following types of articles:
Original Research Articles: Original prospective or retrospective studies of basic or clinical investigations in areas relevant to medicine.
- Abstract (200-250 words; the structured abstract contain the following sections:
objective, material and methods, results, conclusion; English)
- Material and Methods
Review Articles: The authors may be invited to write or may submit a review article. Reviews including the latest medical literature may be prepared on all medical topics. Authors who have published materials on the topic are preferred.Content:
- Abstract (200-250 words; without structural divisions; English)
- Titles on related topics
Case Reports: Brief descriptions of a previously undocumented disease process, a unique unreported manifestation or treatment of a known disease process, or unique unreported complications of treatment regimens. They should include an adequate number of photos and figures.
- Abstract (average 100-150 words; without structural divisions; English)
- Case report
Editorial Commentary/Discussion: Evaluation of the original research article is done by the specialists of the field (except the authors of the research article) and it is published at the end of the related article.
Letters to the Editor: These are the letters that include different views, experiments and questions of the readers about the manuscripts that were published in this journal in the recent year and should be no more that 500 words.
- There’s no title and abstract.
- The number of references should not exceed 5.
- Submitted letters should include a note indicating the attribution to an article
(with the number and date) and the name, affiliation and address of the author(s) at the end.
- The answer to the letter is given by the editor or the author(s) of the manuscript and is
published in the journal.
Scientific Letter: Presentations of the current cardiovascular topics with comments on published articles in related fields.
- Abstract (100-150 words; without structural division; English)
- Titles on related topics
Surgical Technique: These are articles in which surgical techniques are explained.
- Abstracts (100-150 words; without structural division; English)
- Surgical techniques
Differential Diagnosis: These are case reports which have topical importance. They include commentaries related with similar diseases.
- Abstract (100-150 words; without structural divisions; English)
- Titles related with subject
Original Images: Self-explanatory figures or pictures on rare issues in literature.
- Text with 300 words, original images, references
What is Your Diagnosis? : These articles are related with diseases that are seen rarely and show differences in diagnosis and treatment, and they are prepared as questions-answers.
- Titles related with subject
- References (between 3 and 5)
Medical Book Reviews: Reviews and comments on current national and international medical books.
Questions and Answers: Scientific educational questions and answers on medical topics.
Authors are encouraged to follow the following principles before submitting their material.
- The article should be written in IBM compatible computers with Microsoft Word.
ABBREVATIONS: Abbreviations that are used should be defined in parenthesis where the full word is first mentioned. For commonly accepted abbreviations and usage, please refer to Scientific Style and Format. 1
FIGURES, PICTURES, TABLE S AND GRAPHICS:
-All figures, pictures, tables and graphics should be cited at the end of the relevant sentence. Explanations about figures, pictures, tables and graphics must be placed at the end of the article.
-Figures, pictures/photographs must be added to the system as separate .jpg or .gif files (approximately 500x400 pixels, 8 cm in width and scanned at 300 resolution).
-The manuscripts containing color figures/pictures/tables would be published, if accepted by the Journal. In case of publishing colorful artwork, the authors will be asked to pay extra printing costs.
- All abbreviations used, must be listed in explanation which will be placed at the bottom of each figure, picture, table and graphic.
- For figures, pictures, tables and graphics to be reproduced relevant permissions need to be provided. This permission must be mentioned in the explanation.
- Pictures/photographs must be in color, clear and with appropriate contrast to separate detCover letter should include statements about manuscript category designation, single-journal submission affirmation, conflict of interest statement, sources of outside funding, equipment (if so), approval for language for articles in English and approval for statistical analysis for original research articles.
TITLE PAGE: A concise, informative title (English), should be provided. All authors should be listed with academic degrees, affiliations, addresses, office and mobile telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail and postal addresses. If the study was presented in a congress, the author(s) should identify the date/place of the congress of the study presented.
ABSTRACT: The abstracts should be prepared in accordance with the instructions in the “Categories of Articles” and placed in the article file.
- They should be minimally two, and should be written English.
- The words should be separated by semicolon (;), from each other.
- Key words should be appropriate to “Medical Subject Headings (MESH)”
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: Conflict of interest, financial support, grants, and all other editorial (statistical analysis, language editing) and/or technical asistance if present, must be presented at the end of the text.
REFERENCES: References in the text should be numbered as superscript numbers and listed serially according to the order of mentioning on a separate page, double-spaced, at the end of the paper in numerical order. All authors should be listed if six or fewer, otherwise list the first six and add the et al. Journal abbreviations should conform to the style used in the Cumulated Index Medicus (please look at: www.icmje.org). Declarations, personal experiments, unpublished papers, thesis cannot be given as reference.
Examples for writing references (please give attention to punctuation):
Format for journal articles; initials of author’s names and surnames, titles of article, journal name, date, volume, number, and inclusive pages, must be indicated. Example:
Stephane A. Management of Congenital Cholesteatoma with Otoendoscopic Surgery: Case Report. Turkiye Klinikleri J Med Sci 2010;30(2):803-7.
Format for books; initials of author’s names and surnames, chapter title, editor’s name, book title, edition, city, publisher, date and pages. Example:
Underwood LE, Van Wyk JJ. Normal and aberrant growth. In: Wilson JD, Foster DW,eds. Wiliams’ Textbook of Endocrinology. 1st ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 1992. p.1079-138.
Format for books of which the editor and author are the same person; initials of author(s)’ editor(s)’ names and surnames chapter title, book title, edition, city, publisher, date and pages. Example:
Solcia E, Capella C, Kloppel G. Tumors of the exocrine pancreas. Tumors of the Pancreas. 2nd ed. Washington: Armed Forces Institute of Pathology; 1997. p.145-210.
Format for on-line-only publications; DOI is the only acceptable on-line reference.
: Damar Cerrahi Dergisi Gölgeli Sok. No:27/13
:+90 312 447 43 99
: +90 312 436 72 64
1 Scientific Style and Format: The CBE Manuel for Authors, Editors, and Publishers, 6th ed. New
York: Cambridge University Press, 1994.